1. When did you begin your blog? October, 2009, after Ellie, our rescue German Shepherd Dog, came to live with us.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog? Dhyoga dog is a branched off blog from deserthorseyoga.blogspot.com, which is my more general blog about yoga and how yoga methods are helpful in working and playing with our animal companions. Ellie was teaching me so many different things that I decided to create a separate blog that would appeal to dog people. I wanted to share what I was learning from her as I was 'training' her.
3. Is your current purpose the same? Yes, although I'm rethinking how this blog can better be of service to both dogs and their humans.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? The spirit works in mysterious ways. I have fallen out of the habit of blogging regularly, and am considering how to find that balance between spirit and schedule.
5. Are you generating income from your blog? Not that I know of. hmmm.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular? I like how blogs express the personality of the blogger and the personality, where relevant, of their dog/pet companions. I like how blogging about pets and reading blogs about pets connects me into the larger community.
What do I like about my own blog? I like the pictures of Ellie, she's so danged cute.
7. What do you like least? The self-induced guilt when I'm not keeping up with the blog. My perfectionista tendency - wanting the words to be perfect, is a habit I am changing. I am. Really.
8. How do you see your blog changing or growing in 2011? My intention is for the blog to share more about how I learn from Ellie and other dogs that I have the privilege of working with, on a more frequent basis. I would like my blog to be a place that people come to and enjoy with a cup of tea with their pooch by their side.